David Wimmer has extensive experience advising management on a wide range of labor and employment issues, including establishing effective human resource policies, maintaining a union-free workplace, and complying with federal, state, and local laws. Mr. Wimmer represents companies throughout the United States in labor-relations matters, such as union-avoidance strategies, election campaigns, collective bargaining, supervisory training, arbitrations, state and federal court litigation, and proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board.
Mr. Wimmer defends employers in single-plaintiff through class-action wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and wage-and-hour matters, and in criminal investigations and prosecutions. He represents companies involved in state and federal court litigation, arbitration, and mediation matters, as well as administrative proceedings before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, California Division of Occupational Safety and Heath, California Occupational Safety and Health Appeals Board, Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration, and United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Wimmer practiced labor and employment law with O’Melveny & Myers LLP in Los Angeles. He is rated A/V by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for attorneys.
Born in Palmerton, Pennsylvania, Mr. Wimmer lives in West Los Angeles with his wife, Leslie, and their sons, Sam and Max. He spends his free time coaching his sons’ youth sports teams.
- 2006-2016 “The Best Lawyers in America©” in the specialty of Labor and Employment – Litigation.
- 2007-2017 “Southern California Super Lawyer,” Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2009 “L.A.’s Top 100 Lawyers,” Los Angeles Business Journal
- Chair, Council for Union-Free Environment, Labor Lawyers Advisory Committee
- Member, Los Angeles Estate Counselors Forum
- Member, The Defense Research Institute
- Arbitrator, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former member, Board of Directors, American Red Cross of Santa Monica
- Member, Board of Directors of Jewish Vocational Services