Janet Swerdlow has been practicing exclusively in the area of labor and employment law, representing employers, since 1991. Ms. Swerdlow routinely represents employers before administrative agencies and federal and state courts. She counsels and assists employers in developing, implementing and maintaining practices that minimize the risk of litigation in the workplace. Before joining the firm in 1998, Ms. Swerdlow practiced in the Labor and Employment Department at O’Melveny & Myers LLP in Los Angeles. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Swerdlow worked for several years as a mechanical and software engineer for TRW.
Professional Awards and Activities
- 2012 “Lawyer of the Year, Labor and Employment – Litigation,” Los Angeles, “The Best Lawyers in America©“
- 2015-2021 “Southern California Super Lawyer,” Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2012-2022 “The Best Lawyers in America©, Labor and Employment – Litigation”
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Committee, Employers’ Rights and Responsibilities Subcommittee, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Sections of the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles County Bar Associations